I travel often for work and depending on where I’m traveling to, it can take a big portion of my day. Some airports may have dining options, but not always the healthiest, or the connections are too tight to grab a bite. With these situations, it’s always great to plan ahead and pack something wholesome and healthy & these wraps are it! They are simple to make and can be enjoyed warm or cold. Packed with hummus and quinoa for protein to fill you up. Plus, it has a ton of flavor from the roasted sweet potatoes and cauliflower tossed with a cool herby kale salad.
This is one of my favorite wraps and they are a delight, especially when I have no time to eat during a busy, hectic travel day! Use store-bought hummus, or try my everyday hummus in this recipe. Make ahead for those days where you can grab-n-go!
Until next time friends, Namaste. ♥
- 1 small cauliflower head, chopped into florets
- 1-2 sweet potatoes, chopped into cubes
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon avocado oil (sub olive oil)
- 4 kale leaves, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa
- My everyday hummus or store bought
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with foil and set aside. Mix all spices together and toss over the sweet potatoes and cauliflower. Add 4 tablespoons oil and toss until sweet potatoes and cauliflower are fully coated with the spices and oil.
- Roast the sweet potatoes and cauliflower for about 20-25 minutes until tender with a fork. Remove from oven to cool.
- While the roasted sweet potatoes and cauliflower cool, massage the kale leaves with lemon juice in a medium size bowl. Once the kale leaves have reduced in size, add the remaining ingredients and mix together. Taste and add more salt and pepper, as needed.
- Spread about 2-4 tablespoons hummus on a wrap. Add a few pieces of the roasted sweet potatoes and cauliflower and top with the herby kale salad. Roll up the wrap to enjoy fresh or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for when you're ready to grab-n-go!